TEN TOP REASONS Why Our Patients and their Families Choose Our Services
- We provide direct 1-to-1 care. One therapist stays with you through the entire course of your treatment.
- We provide regular updates to your physician, sharing your progress.
- We accept many health insurance plans and offer Care Credit when needed. Our staff verifies your insurance benefits for you.
- We are conveniently located in downtown St. Clair Shores. We have plenty of handicapped parking and automated doors for safe and easy access to our clinic.
- We prepare for you before your arrival, minimizing your wait time.
- We are committed to educating you about your condition. We use visual aids to help you understand your rehabilitation.
- We have specially trained staff including a Certified Hand Therapist, several Certified Strength & Conditioning Coaches, several Certified Athletic Trainers, and an Advanced Master Gardner.
- Our team of licensed professionals have over 200 years of experience. And, the average length of employment for a therapist and a therapist assistant at our clinic is 15 years!
- We make sure you are consistently greeted by smiling faces and helpful people.
- Our clinic is one of very few physical therapy clinics that are not doctor or hospital-affiliated. We are an independent small business providing personalized healthcare services to the surrounding community.
When you are looking for a physical or occupational therapy clinic, it really helps to be able to see what your options are. Click HERE to access our video TAKING THE TOUR, Welcome to Gilboe’s. In this video, our Owner and President, David Gilboe, takes you through the clinic and helps you become familiar with the environment and how we help our patients. Remember you can ask for a personal tour, also!
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH SERVICE, CLICK ON AN IMAGE BELOW.
Over the years we have helped hundreds of patients prevent or heal after a fall. We encourage you to watch our Fall Prevention Video HERE to learn about common causes of balance issues; what you can do to protect yourself in and around your home; and, treatments that can help you improve your balance and increase your safety.
Important Fall Statistics: • One out of five falls causes a serious injury such as broken bones or a head injury. • Each year, 2.5 million older people are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries. • Over 700,000 patients a year are hospitalized because of a fall injury, most often because of a head injury or hip fracture. • Each year at least 250,000 older people are hospitalized for hip fractures. • More than 95% of hip fractures are caused by falling, usually by falling sideways. • Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI). • Adjusted for inflation, the direct medical costs for fall injuries are $34 billion annually. Hospital costs account for two-thirds of the total. Published by the CDC 9/21/15
David Gilboe & Associates
23161 Greater Mack Avenue
St. Clair Shores, MI 48080
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday:
7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday & Friday:
7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.,
By Appointment Only
David Gilboe & Associates
You Need Them. We Have Them.
Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Certified Hand Therapists, Athletic Trainer, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist