For Work Related Injuries
WHAT WE UNDERSTAND ABOUT WORK RELATED INJURIES
We know that the impact of work-related injuries requires a unique approach to patient care. We understand that patients in these situations often have:
• great concern about being able to make a living
• the need for their providers to actively work with workmen’s compensation case workers
• difficulty adjusting to the circumstances present following the injury
Important Patient Information: View INSURANCES we accept.
OUR GOALS FOR OUR PATIENTS WITH WORK RELATED INJURIES
Whenever possible, we use a two-tiered approach for our patients with work-related injuries. With our focus on both treatment and prevention, we work to:
• identify and correct any movement patterns that are integral to the injury
• educate our patients on ergonomics and when possible, review their work setting
• help patients return to work in a timely manner that maximizes their safety and reduces the possibility of another injury
Important Patient Information: Download the FORMS you’ll need to get started.
SUCCESS STORIES TO INSPIRE YOU
Able to return to work pain free…45 year old patient who developed severe heel pain from standing for 10 hours a day at work, came to us for help. She was instructed in proper postural alignment, foot support and consistent stretching and was able to return to work pain free!
After the patient recovered he now helps others prevent back injuries…50 year old gentleman came to us with severe low back pain with lower extremity radiating symptoms due to repetitive standing and bending movements while working at an auto plant. With manual therapy, exercise, and education in back care, the patient recovered. He later applied for a teaching position at the company to help others prevent back injuries at work and is developing a program based on his experiences.
Common Diagnosis Descriptions for Work Related Injuries
*Not all inclusive
Rotator cuff tear
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday:
7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday & Friday:
7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.,
By Appointment Only
David Gilboe & Associates
You Need Them. We Have Them.
Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Certified Hand Therapists, Athletic Trainer, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist