INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY, REDUCE RISK, SAVE MONEY
ERGONOMIC FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Ergonomics is the scientific study of people at work. The goal of ergonomics is to reduce stress and eliminate injuries and disorders associated with the overuse of muscles, bad posture, and repeated tasks.
Knowledge of basic ergonomics principles is important for both workers and employers because both share responsibility for a safe work environment.
Attention to ergonomics principles helps to reduce workplace injuries and illnesses that result in workers’ compensation costs, medical claims, lost work time, and off -work activities needed for an employee to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Many disorders and injuries are preventable when work conditions are designed for human safety and comfort.
WORKSTATION ERGONOMIC ASSESSMENTS
When we conduct a PERSONAL WORKSTATION REVIEW we focus on how
each person’s workstation is set-up and how it fits the work they are doing.
We observe the impact of the setup in each of the following physical areas:
- Eyes, Head, Neck & Shoulders
- Arms, Elbows, Wrists & Hands
- Back, Legs & Feet
When we see poor ergonomics our primary goal is to document and determine
a plan of correction addressing:
Following our review, we generate a BETTER MOBILITY RECOMMENDATION REPORT for each individual.
Included in this report is:
- An ASSESSMENT of each of the functional areas we’ve studied.
- A PLAN OF CORRECTION providing direct guidance as to how the workstation can be set up to improve the individual’s posture, positioning and functioning.
- An ERGONOMIC RECOMMENDATION describing equipment and devices that can be used to make these important improvements in an affordable, cost-effective manner, including where they can be found for purchase when needed.
We offer individuals and companies PERSONAL WORKSTATION ERGONOMIC REVIEW SERVICES, promoting better health and wellness in a cost-effective manner.
Contact us today to schedule an assessment and learn more.
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday:
7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday & Friday:
7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.,
By Appointment Only
David Gilboe & Associates
You Need Them. We Have Them.
Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Certified Hand Therapists, Athletic Trainer, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist